Meet Some Keep Hickory Creek Beautiful Members!
(We welcome you as a member too. It is free and we meet every third Thurdsay of the month for lunch at the Hickory Creek IHOP. We look forward to seeing you there. If your schedule prevents you from attending, please contact us. We are open to holding evening meetings.)
Linda leads the meetings, cares for the Little Tree Farm, contributes ideas, coordinates and accepts assignments to complete target objectives. She reports to the Parks and Recreations Board, Keep Texas Beautiful, and Tree City USA.
Chris co-ordinates tasks between KHCB and Public Works and advises KHCB on property appearance code, tree preservation, and safety ordinances. She also actively participates in the other KHCB undertakings.
Sharon is a member of the Parks and Recreation Board. She is working with the Park Board, Public Works department and Denton County Master Gardeners to create a master plan for the upcoming Butterfly Garden project. She is coordinating the work to complete this project in 2012. Sharon actively participates in other KHCB and Tree City activities.
Tore is the event photographer and manages the KHCB web site. He helps keep KHCB visible in the social media. He also occasionally captures pictures and video at the Town of Hickory Creek events.
Would You Like to Share an Interest or Skill?
Keep Hickory Creek Beautiful invites you to make new friends and help us keep our town beautiful. If you have gardening or tree care skills, or would simply like to help, we welcome you to join us in establishing a butterfly garden, completing Hickory Creek's first tree inventory, or helping out with our annual Arbor Day celebration.
KHCB is in particular looking for members with the following experience, mainly during the Arbor Day celebration (certification preferred, but not required): Please contact Linda Fulfer using our contact form.
- Naturalist – develop and lead nature trail in Sycamore Bend Park.
- Arborist/Tree Enthusiast – share propagation information and help develop and lead a tree identification game at annual Arbor Day event. Help care for the trees at The Little Tree Farm.
- Educator/Child Care Specialist – develop and supervise an Arbor Day Nature Explorer inspired outdoor play area where children can learn about their environment.
- Crafter – lead nature related craft activities during Arbor Day event.
- T.R.E.E.S. Representative for KHCB – coordinate activities between T.R.E.E.S. and KHCB, develop plans for further success in acknowledgement at the state level by Keep Texas Beautiful (KTB).
- New Members – help with the upcoming butterfly garden and other KHCB activities and projects.